The best way to fight illness and infection is to intake the right amount of nutrients, follow healthy living strategies and boost your immune system. Immunity is the ability to resist and defend your body against things that cause infection and illness. Immunity tends to get weaker with age. But the good news is it is possible to strengthen your immune system with few changes in lifestyle and practices.
Signs of weaker immune system :
Here are few signs and side effects that are caused due to a weaker immune system.
- Your stress level is high.
- You feel tired all the time.
- You have diarrhea, gas or constipation problems and will always have a cold.
- It reduces the ability of your body to respond to vaccines.
- You are more likely to get quickly infected and fall sick.
- It takes more time than usual to recover from injuries, infection and illness.
Ways to Boost Immunity :
Here are few ways through which immunity can be boosted naturally
- Balanced Diet: Consuming fruits and vegetables that have the right nutrients including proteins, vitamins and minerals. The following helps to boost your immunity – seafood, lean meats, poultry, eggs, beans, peas, sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, spinach, citrus foods, strawberries, certain cereals, Almonds, hazelnuts, peanut butter, lean meats, poultry, milk, whole grain products, beans.
- Vaccination : Consult your doctor, get yourself vaccinated on time and maintain proper records of your health. It lowers your risk of serious illness and other infections.
- Exercise : Simple exercises like Walking, Yoga, Swimming and other activities that help to increase blood circulation will boost immunity.
- Drink plenty of water : Keep yourself hydrated. Drink at least 3 liters of water a day, it helps in digestion and other daily activities.
- Reduce stress : Reduce your stress level by doing what you find enjoyable and relaxing. Divert yourself, socialize with your friends and develop hobbies.
- Adequate Sleep : Make sure you get adequate sleep i.e 7- 9 hours of sleep. It helps to maintain mental health and reduce stress.
- Quit smoking : Quit smoking as it weakens your immune system and if you drink, maintain drinking at a moderate level.
- Try to avoid getting infected by washing your hands, maintaining personal hygiene and avoiding close contacts with people who have flu or virus infections.
How can Absolute Senior Home Care help you?
Our team of caregivers specializes in providing one-on-one assistance in all areas of personal care and companionship. Our caregivers are fully trained and have years of experience in senior care. We ensure daily proper diets are followed, medications are taken timely, offer proper hygiene and personal care assistance, encourage daily activities and exercise, and give our clients the companionship needed to socialize during our visits. We specialize in personalized in-homecare based on our client’s needs and conditions. Our caregivers are fully background screened and are Registered Home Care Aides with the State of California Home Care Bureau. They are fully trained in COVID-19 Prevention Compliance methods.
We provide free in-home assessments. Please call us at 619-410-2390 or visit http://absoluteseniorcare.com/